Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Hot Club

Mr. D. wants me to remind everyone that he and his band Almond Joy are playing at Cher's Restaurant on Cinco de Mayo, this Saturday night (May 5). Cher's is at 86 Waterman Avenue, North Providence. It starts at 8:30. I hope to see as many of you as possible there. Ole!

And Patti Quimby would like you to know that Friday May 11 is not only Patti's birthday, but also her 20-year anniversary of working at the Hot Club. Everyone is invited to come by and have a drink (before 7 PM). If you do, make sure to say Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to Patti, who is one of the Hot Club's best.

Patti pointed out to me that after the flap about the Schilling bloody sock, the Red Sox were playing Baltimore and ex-teammate Kevin Millar (the team's court jester) wore red tape on his sanitary hose in honor of Schilling and his sock.

Fleet Feet Pete told me one of his mom's favorite Italian sayings, "Never bite the foot that stomps the grapes."

Sunday Erika (Fun 107) visited the HC and reacquainted herself with the faithful. Observing 5 Angels she said, "He's the Dick Clark of the Hot Club." His cousin Tommy and I thought of Dorian Gray. The Picture of Dorian Gray. 5 Angels just smiled.

Contraire and 5 Angels are going to Las Vegas. They were talking about some of their escapades on a previous trip. Contraire wanted to try out the Stratosphere which circled a hotel. 5 Angels bailed at the last minute because he doesn't like heights. When I asked Contraire if it were true that the two were going to Vegas again, Contraire replied "Who would go to Vegas with him again?" I said, "You would."

5 Angels' fear of heights reminded me that I too have issues with heights. I recalled going over Niagara Falls in a helicopter with my Mom. It was an open cockpit with no doors. I asked my Mom if she would sit near the open door since "You've lived a lot longer than I have." My Mom was a sport and did so.

I was telling this old joke: "It's OK for priests to date nuns now. As long as they don't get in the habit." A passerby overheard the joke and asked me "How do you get a nun pregnant? Dress her up as an altar boy."

Patriot Pat was called a FWB by Bags. She asked Wise what FWB meant. When she learned it meant Friends with Benefits she hit Bags with a rolled up copy of Sportzine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home