Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Hot Club

We were talking about reunions with Buffalo Steve. Mr. D. said he tells his students "Marry a nerd." After the Glory Days of high school sports and class politics, the nerds rise. Mr. D. noted that many become musicians, join bands and get the girls. I added that they also become execs in Fortune 500 companies. At his reunion, Buffalo Steve was amused over the stars that had fallen.

Buff Steve used to work for IBM. "The 'Itty Bitty Machine' company", I said. To which Steve responded, "It's a Bigga Motha".

Obasie said when he first had a computer, he deleted some files he shouldn't have. He asked a friend to help him re-format his computer. The friend charged him $150. Obasie learned from his mistake and now works in IT (Information Technology). And that friend is no longer a friend.

Brandon was kidding Mr. D. and me about all the graybeards at our recent Kappa Delta Phi reunion. I told him some of those people were actually younger than Mr. D. and I am. Brandon said we looked the best of the bunch. Mr. D. and I had to agree.

The Jack asked her friend The Joe for a dollar to play the video machine. The Joe gave her two dollars and told her, "Here's two. Stay longer."

The talk turned to games and I admitted that I once lost 7 or 8 straight games of backgammon to a woman. I kept thinking I would finally beat her but I never did and finally quit. Now Victoria and I try to best each other in the Sunday NY Times' crossword. I can beat her some Sundays. We've also played Scrabble and I've never beaten her.

Because of renovations at the Hot Club, the inside doors leading out to 'The Office' were removed. With them went the sign 'The Office' that was nailed above the doors. Hooks e-mailed me to say he wanted the $3 he paid for the sign back. Neil told me that when the sign was put up, Hooks couldn't reach to put it up, so Neil had to do it.

Josh, the HC's chef/barback/man of many talents, has the same birthday as my beautiful daughter Cara - 9/9. Cara was 16 last week. Happy belated birthday wishes to Josh.

Joking Joe was talking to his girl friend about her ex-husband who has had some problems being responsible. The Joker said "He was responsible until the sperm hit the egg."

Mr. D. noticed a woman walk by and said she was one of the Lee sisters. I asked who the Lee Sisters were. Mr. D. said "Ugly, Homely, Motley and Beastly." Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy?

Contraire is advised that there is an 'opera' band known as 'Amici Forever'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home