Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Hot Club

Amid screams of "You misquoted me!" Foot Joy corrected me on the number of games that the Sox had left with the Devil Rays (15). In last Tuesday's Zine, I wrote that Boston had 12 games left with TB. Mea culpa. After Sunday's loss the Sox are 5-1 vs. the Rays.

When I introduced Paul Van Landingham to Paul Lancia, the first Paul said, "We can be paul bearers."

Later I told Paul Van, Fleet Feet Pete and Steverino that they were Hot Club irregulars. "Very irregular" said the Stevedore. Foot Joy noted, "You need more bran!"

Congratulations to Paul Lancia who just returned from Finland with the good news that he got married while away and his wife Jarna is expecting a child - a baby boy. Paul says that his son will be named after his father - Rocco Paolo. A safe and healthy delivery to mother and child.

Frequent Flyer, Mike Module and I were discussing Buddy Cianci's return. FF defended Buddy against the points that I made. While I admire Buddy for being the consummate politician and a charismatic speaker of great wit and intelligence, I don't condone what he did. The Flyer didn't seem to think that Buddy was any different from other politicians. I told FF that he's like the Doubting Thomas - show me the holes in the hands.

We were talking about whether Buddy Cianci can run for office since he's now a convicted felon. I said that I didn't know there was a statute of limitations on felony convictions. Chuck D Computer said "Buddy can be mayor but he can't carry a gun." "Or have a cigarette", added Doubting Thomas.

Derek of Lionel and Diesel fame showed up at the Hot Club. I remarked on how good Derek looked and when he left I told him "Good to see you around." Broc added, "He's not as round as he used to be."

I remarked that I told someone, "Good to see you." And the response was "It's good to be seen!" Could that have been Buff Steve?

Katie has a Camry that has had some repair problems. We were discussing it with Contraire (like me a Camry owner). I said that when I sold my '86 Camry that I advertised it for $650 figuring I'd come down to $500. In fact Victoria bet me that I couldn't get $500 for it since the Camry had 214,000 miles. I would have gotten the $500 but when an interested party called and spoke with my mom he asked if I was sticking to getting $650. My mom told him that I'd settle for $500. He showed up with $450 in cash, which I took. But I lost the bet to Victoria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home