Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Hot Club

It was a Wednesday night and Hooks was at the HC. But it was raining. So I asked Hooks, "Is your car dirty?" He agreed it was. So I asked, "And if it weren't dirty, then you wouldn't take it out in the rain, right?" "Right", he said.

Chuck D. referred to the dreaded disease that can affect even strong men - Brewers' Droop. Its cousin is Whiskey Dick per Chuck.

We were talking about all the money Paul McCartney just had to pay out to his now ex-wife. Alexander the Great said, "She got a leg up on him." Chuck and I recoiled at the thought and Alex added, "I know. I'm a heel."

The Warden was let out for a visit. He looked around the Hot Club and proclaimed it 'The Dump'. Chuck D. said the HC is a 'recycling center'.

Overheard at the Hot Club: BOHICA - which means, "Bend over here it comes again."

Thanks to Contraire for bringing zeppoles to the Hot Club on St. Joseph's Day.

Someone mentioned that Contraire once had a girlfriend. "She must have been contrary", I said. Beau added. "Yeah. Contrary to Contraire."

Someone was talking about a former HC regular who liked to day trade. He lost $300,000, money he inherited from his father. Contraire observed, "Day trading. That's why he does it at night."

Foot Joy and I were talking about Bobby Knight, who has always hated the media, joining ESPN. "ESPN got what they wanted", I said. "Maybe he'll take down a co-host," I conjectured. Foot Joy was betting on Digger Phelps. FJ said, "Knight only picks on kids." "A true classic bully - and coward", I added.

Jokin' Joe said he told his class that there are 3 kinds of people: those who want something to happen, those who make something happen, and those who don't know what happened. A student said. "I don't understand." Joe said, "You're in the 3rd group."

Overheard at the Hot Club: Hooks took 6 months to paint 4 rooms in his house. He cleaned the brush after each stroke.

A woman wore a tee shirt that read "You're jealous because the voices only talk to me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home