Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Hot Club

Becky was reading the Hot Club section of Sportzine and saw the story about Jesse, the bass guitarist. Becky said that she went out with a bass player once, but mostly dated drummers and guitarists.

Becky said that when her sister Emily was young she had braces. Whenever there was lightning, Becky used to tell Emily to stay away from the windows because her braces would attract the lightning. So to this day Emily is terrified of thunder and lightning.

So I asked Emily about this story. She said Becky would tell her that if she got too close to the window when it was lightning that her braces would attract the lightning and her teeth would explode, and she’d get electrocuted.

Bags asked me (Irish/English) why Irish guys have flat asses. I wanted to know why he was looking at guys’ asses. So Bags said, “Well Irish women have flat asses too.” Should we take a poll on this?

Britt, who was wearing a Pat Patriot jersey, told me that The Hot Club has a site on Facebook. And when I ran into Eben, he said that they also have a website: hotclubprov.com.

To honor Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper, I played Don McLean’s American Pie on Friday 2/3. Ron, Chet’s friend, asked me where I was when the music died. Well it was 1959 and I was 13 so I’m not sure, but I know I was struck by it.

Told Stevie Saucepan Hands about Idris Elba and Luther. Steve told me he liked the original Woman in Black (1989) which was an A&E movie. “Good book too.” So I told him that I liked The Last Exorcism.

Stevie Saucepan Hands said that Billy Cundiff was in a zone practicing on the sideline and didn’t realize that the Ravens were going to try a field goal until the last minute. Isn’t that the special teams coach’s job? I noted that they could have called a timeout. Also the Ravens could have kicked on 3rd down and if he missed, kicked again on 4th down.

Saucepan Hands was walking/stepping to Al Green’s Here I Am (Come and Take Me). Britt noticed and said “The Ministry of Silly Walks”. A little Monty Python reference.

Sportzine is also available at jimdawsonsports.com (Thanks to Buffalo Steve)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home