Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Hot Club

THE HOT CLUB WHERE HEARTS ARE ON FIRE BUT IT’S NEVER TOO HOT FOR THE DEVIL MAY CARE 575 South Water Street, Prov. The Red Sox were facing the Tigers and the TV showed their 1B Prince Fielder. I said he looked like he had eaten a couple human beings. Foot Joy said Prince is a better fielder than his father Cecil. I said Cecil ate himself out of a career and Prince, who must weigh about 270 pounds, will have to be careful he doesn’t do the same. A check here shows that Cecil played until age 35 (’85-’98) and hit 17 HRs his last year. Ubba…ubba. That reminded me of the AAA All-Star game at McCoy Stadium a few years back. The Orioles’ farm team had Calvin Pickering who outweighed present day Prince Fielder. I was commenting on Pickering eating himself out of the Majors when a woman behind me tapped me on the shoulder and informed me that she was Pickering’s wife. Ubba, ubba… There are some new/old pictures on the columns next to the dockside bar. One of them appears to have a view of Adam, the cook, and what looks like Mo. A woman with curls came in wearing very tall stiletto shoes. Frequent Flyer noticed that the price tag was still on the bottom of one of her shoes. I asked FF where the price tag was from, but Frequent Flyer said, “My eyes aren’t that good.” Overheard at the Hot Club: “Where is Citizen Caroline?” I pointed out that she is now known as Sovereign Caroline. Dapper David said he liked the Hot Club section of Sportzine the best. I told him, “That’s my albatross.” We were talking about My Sweet Lord when Mr. D. noted that George Harrison got to see his Lord a lot sooner than he probably wanted. That reminded me of the plagiarism suit that Harrison lost regarding that song and the Chiffons One Fine Day. It was actually the Chiffons’ He’s So Fine. Check out this site: http://abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/mysweet.htm Harrison was found guilty of ‘subconscious plagiarism’ and the judge ruled that $1,599,987 of the profits was attributable to the plagiarism. However Harrison’s ex-manager Allan Klein had bought the copyright of He’s So Fine in receivership from Bright Tunes. The judge ruled that Klein had given Bright Tunes financial information about My Sweet Lord (before the plagiarism case was decided), and did not deserve to profit. Instead the judge awarded Klein ‘only’ the $587,000 he paid for Bright Tunes. Sportzine is also available at jimdawsonsports.com (Thanks to Buffalo Steve)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home