Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Hot Club

THE HOT CLUB
WHERE HEARTS ARE ON FIRE

BUT IT’S NEVER TOO HOT
FOR THE DEVIL MAY CARE

575 South Water Street

Providence, RI


Charlie Clancy mentioned to me that he reads sportspages.com. That’s where I post Sportzine. It’s now ussportspages.com. I first became aware of it when Lisa Olsen did a piece on David Cone and he said the first thing he did every day was go to sportspages.com to read the sports columns of the major newspapers in the country.



A woman walked by in a strange looking green, red, blue dress. Patriot Pat thought it might be a he-she. Mr. D. suggested, “Let’s check the plumbing.”



The Wise Man said that he, Cajun Steve, Bags and ORric went to the beach. They went ‘Sopranos style’. Wise said that he didn’t want to get a sunburn, so he kept most of his clothes on. At the beach, Sopranos style.



Charlie Clancy, like Buffalo Steve, was in the Navy. Charlie called the Navy the best branch of the service. I said, “Oh no, that’s the Air Force”. Charlie said it’s got to be the Navy because two-thirds of the planet is water. After, Buffalo Steve pointed out that I could have brought up all the air in the world.



Contraire walked in and said that Brad Penny and the Red Sox were going to get tattooed that night. The Silencer said “We don’t need no stinkin’ naysayers.”



Contraire asked me what I was doing in my retirement. I said that I work on the Sportzine. Contraire said “That takes 5 minutes.”



The Wiz had a ’59 Singer. I thought that Singer made sewing machines. Wiz said it was a British car and you could start the engine with a crank.



The Jack of Fire said that Smoltz could give up a homer to the batboy.



There was a Porsche 911 Carrera S4 in the parking lot of the Hot Club. The RI license plate said ‘Fleece’. I said it was owned by a lawyer or a doctor. Then I added, “Or a shepherd.” Buffalo Steve said “A wealthy shepherd.”



Lovely Lisa was the first to notice that I had shaved off my moustache. Alexander the Grate was the second. Buffalo Steve said that I looked older without the moustache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home