Saturday, October 09, 2010

The Hot Club

THE HOT CLUB

WHERE HEARTS ARE ON FIRE
BUT IT’S NEVER TOO HOT

FOR THE DEVIL MAY CARE

575 South Water Street

Providence, RI























THE HOT CLUB

The Jules asked Jimmy Chelo if he were going to have a hookah bar. When I heard it, I thought she asked him if he were going to have a ‘hooker bar’. The hearing is going too.



We were using the WC and I told Ernie that you don’t really buy beer, you rent it as I made my return. The Earnest One said “This is the used beer department.”



The Cisco Kid was in town. He said that he had a Stan Lee autographed original Spiderman comic book. He got Stan Lee to sign it at Edwards Auditorium after Lee gave a lecture at URI. It would be worth a lot more if it were in better condition, he said. Then Cisco added, “Well, the staples are still intact.”



So I told Cisco about being at the Avon Theatre and getting Bill Russell’s autograph on a book he had just written. Bags had saved me a place in line. So he was in front of me when Russell signed the book for Bags. It was to be ‘To Michael’. Bags kept up a steady stream of chatter with Russ as he signed it. It came out ‘To Michale".



The Cisco Kid said he also had Iron Man comics. Then he mentioned that he had the original Ant Man. Ant Man? Is his Achilles’ heel Anteater Man?



The Hot Club as Hotel California: This week we spotted Nathaniel Poe and his good friend Steve, who is a master of graphics.



Alexander the Great was walking behind me and I heard him say “Nice sausages!” He was speaking to Dave of the Grill who was opening a new box of sausages. ‘Nice sausages.”



The Grate One is off to do some fishing in Spruce Head, Maine. Alex said it was near Thomaston and Rockland. Hope Alex catches whatever he’s fishing for.



A woman bumped into a seated Contraire. She started apologizing for bumping into him. Contraire told her it was OK and then added, “As long as you hit me in the right spots.”



Cisco was talking excitedly about a book he had read by Daniel Pinchbeck. The book is called Breaking Open the Head.



Dr. John and I were talking about attending Catholic schools. Buffalo Steve said he went to a school that had Protestants and Catholics and they got released from school. Yes, I remembered - for Released Time Religious Instructions.

Sportzine is also available at jimdawsonsports.com (Thanks Buffalo Steve)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home