Tuesday, February 08, 2011

The Hot Club

Asked Contraire how he did in the AFC and NFC championships and he wouldn’t answer. When I returned to the subject, Contraire said he had won with his stocks last week. That tells me the bets didn’t go so well.



Mike Module told me about going to Mt. Snow, Vermont in the summer when they had naked bicycle races (‘the Naked Crit’; Ed: Crit is for Criterion). Men and women naked on bikes. People passed a hat and collected money to give to the winners. Mike Module even has pictures to prove it.



Turns out Dr. John also knew about the Naked Crit bike races at Mt. Snow. Some of the women were known as the ‘Luna Chicks’ for the sports bars. Dr. John said it was part of the NORBA (National Off-Road Bicycle Association) races at Mt. Snow, but they don’t have the naked races any more. I told Dr. John and Mike Module that if I did that race, I’d want a woman’s bike with no bar in the middle.



The Herbster revealed that he has 7 television sets. None of which are flat screen as the Wise Man noted. Herbie says each TV is set up with a videotape machine. 7 VHS videotape machines! Glad to see that Herb has joined the 21st Century. Oh and Herb wants me to mention that he buys and sells videotape machines and the tapes.



We were kidding the Herbinator about all the jobs he has had. Herb was partners in the first cell phone company in RI (I believe with Bruce Sundlun). Someone asked Herb if he’d ever been a bookie. I told the guy that that wasn’t on Herb’s resumé, but Herb interjected to say, “I am a bookie – I deal in antique books.”



Told Becky that we were surprised she knew who Ron Jeremy is (because of her youth, naturally). Becky said, of course, she knew who Ron Jeremy is since she wasn’t born under a rock. Then she added, “But I don’t know him in the way you guys know him.”



Mike Module said they were rooting for the Patriots against the Jets, but in the 4th quarter, they were all chanting “Bring on the Red Sox.”



Last Friday was a smorgasbord of Hot Club characters. A partial list: the Warden, the Consigliere, 5 Angels, Bags, Syracuse Jen, my brother Brad, Contraire, Jimmy Chelo and Chet, Herb, Wise, Wiz, Foot Joy, Frequent Flyer, Mike Module, his sister Liz and hubby Tom, Fleet Feet Pete, Mike K, Bernie of LJs, ‘Cajun’ Steve et al. You had to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home