Tuesday, November 02, 2010

The Hot Club

We were talking about Frank Caprio telling President Obama to shove his endorsement. To me, that was ‘a career limiting statement’. If Caprio ever runs again, it will follow him around, haunt him. Talk about the Scarlet Letter. Spell it ‘S’ for Shove it. ‘S’ for stupid.



The Warden waltzed in. I told him that I hadn’t seen him in quite some time. He said, “It’s Halloween.”



Overheard at the Hot Club – an overheated regular was talking about someone who really got on their nerves, and said, “He takes the beast out of me.”



Fleet Feet Pete said that ‘mortgage’ is from the Latin and means ‘death case’. Mort-gage.



The Hot Club’s Josh (the one that works) wanted to add George Carlin to the list of comic geniuses. I agreed and told Josh that Buffalo Steve and I weren’t trying to be all-inclusive in our list. I said that I would also add Peter Sellers to that group.



The Herbster stopped by as I was talking to Sovereign Caroline. He greeted her warmly and kissed her on the cheek. Herb said that you have to do that with a beautiful woman. The Herbalogist said that it’s a custom in Germany to kiss beautiful women on both cheeks. I told him he was lucky to get one cheek.



Jimmy Chelo was showing us some exercises to do for a bad back. Mario looked at Jimmy doing them and said ‘bedroom calisthenics’.



We were talking about the Saturday Night Live fake Favre Wrangler Jeans ad. Affable Al said his wife just bought him a pair of jeans – Wranglers. Not the ‘Open Fly’ version that SNL showed. Al said of Wrangler jeans ‘their numbers are up’. Yes, their stock is rising.



The Warden was listening to Contraire babble on. I asked the Warden, “Would you believe anything Contraire said?” The Warden said, “Did he say anything?”



Mike K wanted props for predicting back in February that Delonte West would go South on the Celtics. At this time, Delonte, after whacking Von Wafer, is still a Celtic.



As Mike K was repeating that he had predicted Delonte’s Descent, I held my digital recorder to get it accurately. Sitting behind Mike K, Pauly could be heard observing: “This guy keeps records of everything.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home