Saturday, October 09, 2010

The Hot Club

THE HOT CLUB

WHERE HEARTS ARE ON FIRE
BUT IT’S NEVER TOO HOT

FOR THE DEVIL MAY CARE

575 South Water Street

Providence, RI


















THE HOT CLUB

It was fun to pass out the 500th issue of Sportzine and the special commemorative Hot Club edition with trivia and photos. Some of the ‘Usual Suspects’ wondered why they weren’t among the photos, but I took the pix back in August of 2002.



Bags has the most correct answers on the Trivia contest (so far). Karen, Broc’s Significant Other, couldn’t understand why I wouldn’t just give her the answers to the Trivia. Karen, just ask Contraire or Bags.



When I showed Beau his picture and Broc’s in the commemorative Hot Club edition, Beau responded, “Awesome Dawson.”



Big Kenny, seeing the Hot Club Special, said, “The print is getting bigger. You must be getting older.”



Contraire even came up to me and asked for another copy of the Hot Club special edition. Then I found out it was because he wanted some scratch paper.



Mike Module was talking to Fleet Feet Pete and said something that was Zine worthy. When I asked him to repeat it, he couldn’t (or wouldn’t). It was not in the moment any more said the Module. I asked him, “You can’t help me here? You can’t butcher it like I normally would in repeating it?” Mike said it wasn’t that Zine worthy any way. I told him, “Let me be the judge of that.”



Roy was talking about people who think that the world will end soon – on December 21, 2012. Roy said it was based on the Mayan calendar. Fleet Feet Pete said that they’ve found that using the Mayan calendar that that date has already occurred.



Later Roy was trying to dry his hands in the men’s room, but he couldn’t find the infra red area on the towel dispenser to make it work. When Roy did locate it, I said, “You found it. You found the G spot.”



One of the ‘Usual Suspects’, Mike, told me he went to Merrimack. While there, he said Hugh Millen was the QB for the Patriots. I told him that those were the bad old days of Dick MacPherson and owner Victor Kiam (and Lisa Olsen vs. Zeke Mowatt).



So Merrimack Mike told me someone didn’t finish their drink. In fact, it was a full one that was untouched, so Merry Mike took it and drank it. Merrimack Mike said, “There are

sober children in China. It’s like throwing away food, right?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home